TCP/IP testing with Quectel Modules
Steps to test TCP/IP with Quectel Modules
- Verify that the device is registered with the network provider
- Configure the APN for a PDP context using the AT+QICSGP command.
- Activate the PDP context using the AT+QIACT command
- Open a TCP connection to the remote server using the AT+QIOPEN command.
- Check the connection state using the AT+QISTATE command.
- Send TCP data using the AT+QISEND command
- Monitor for the +QIURC unsolicited command from the module that indicates that the device has received remote data
- Read the server response using the AT+QIRD command
AT Command Tester Tool provides an interface to test the TCP connection with the Quectel modules.
In this example,
- TCP connection is made to remote server ‘postman-echo.com’
- HTTP formatted data is sent to the remote server
- The remote server echos the IP address of the device which is received by the module.