Quectel M95

Home Forums M2M Support Forum Quectel M95

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by   2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Carlos Navarro

Hi people.

I’m about to start working with the GSM/GPRS Quectel M95 module, it’s the newest cellular module from Quectel; I already made I “beta” PCB.

The thing is that I’ve never work with this kind of modules, I once tested one with X-CTU hyperterminal software but I only made a few calls and sent some SMS.

I would like to know if someone has ever work with a Quectel module, it’ll be very helpful if anyone could tell me advantages and disadvantages of using them, or just some advices.

I also have no idea on how to make GPRS data transfer, I’ll ve very thankful if you help me with that.

Thanks.

#11338 Reply

Admin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    You can go through the tutorials on how to test different features (GPRS call, voice call, SMS, network selection etc) of cellular M2M modules.

Data Call – AT commands to set up GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/LTE data call

You can use the AT Command Tool to test above features easily,

Module Tester

#11888 Reply

Peter Dobozy

Hi everyone!

I stumbled across an issue which I couldn’t solve so far, and I can’t even say I get what is happening.

Everything is wired nicely, and I can communicate with the module through UART, BUT only if no sim card is inserted. As soon as I insert a sim card, the module writes
    +CFUN: 1
    +CPIN: READY

Call Ready

And then it shuts down. I can no longer communicate on uart, and the status pin is also zeros out.

Thank you in advance for any help in the matter.

Peter

#12244 Reply

Henrique

Hey guys, I’m trying to send a POST to a server but I always get the +CME ERROR: 3821. I know that this means “HTTP to read timeout”. Then, I tried to change the server to another one, just to test, and then I get the same error 3821. My AT commands list is:

AT+CGATT=1
    AT+QIFGCNT=0
    AT+QICSGP=1,”zap.vivo.com.br”
    AT+QIACT
    AT+QILOCIP (IP OK!)
    AT+QHTTPURL=38,30
    http://www.posttestserver.com/post.php
    AT+QHTTPPOST=10,50,80
    helloworld
    +CME ERROR: 3821

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Quectel M95
Your information: